So, as for that goal of posting every day...well life happens, right? I have to say I'm sorry to my loving and fabulous followers for my unannounced absence, but it has been a rather difficult week. After a long life lived blessing others, my grandmother passed away Friday night. She had been ill for some time, and losing her was expected, but it has been difficult none the less and has made my attention span extremely short. In fact, it has taken me nearly a week to write this post. But on to the good stuff!
Isn't she sweet? Sarah's blog brings out the best in it's readers, reminding us to cherish our blessings, do our part in making the world a better place, AND eat our veggies. (You can't blame her-she is a dietician!)
The rules of this award are that I am to tell you a few things you may not know about me and then pass this award on to other new bloggers.
Here are five things you might not know:
1) I love lima beans and asparagus, both of which disgust my husband.
2) I have an immense fear of the dentist.
3) I continued being a band nerd long after high school by being a color guard sponsor (and I didn't even twirl in high school!)
4) I was addicted to the CW show Gilmore Girls; I've seen every episode at least once.
5) My husband first picked me up in a parking lot. Literally. Picked. Me. Up.
So now to pass this on to new bloggers. I'm not really sure that all of my blogs will count as new, but I do love them!
1) One of my lifelong friends from my college years, Adam Frazier, is the amazing photographer at www.artisticimaging.com/blog. Adam actually flew all the way from Vegas to Kansas City to photograph my wedding, and everytime someone new views my photos for the first time they always say "These are the most amazing wedding pictures I have ever seen!" Check him out, and you will see why!
2) Number two goes to a new friend (I can hear that old Camp Fire song running through my head now!), Stephanie, over at www.stephanieandthebug.blogspot.com/. She is a wonderful artist, a soon to be fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrator, and loves her "bug" as much as I love mine!
3) The third slot goes to a blog that details the (sometimes) weekly musings and adventures of a high school friend of mine. I would never have known about her blog, except that she posts her updates to Facebook, and now everytime there's a new FB update, I'm sure to drop by. What can I say? I'm a stalker. Want to know the random, amusing, and sometimes thought provoking events in someone else's life? Check out http://www.thebenicas.blogspot.com/.
Since I've spent nearly a week writing this post, I think I must leave it there, but there are so many other blogs that I follow that deserve Beautiful Blogger awards!
Thanks for your patience with my lack of posts. I have been able to spend some time in my Craft Cave this week, thanks to my wonderful husband who knows that sometimes a girl just needs to clear her head by making a mess with paper, and I will have plenty to post soon because I JUST PLACED MY ORDER FROM THE NEW CATALOG!!! Can you tell I'm excited? I've been plotting and planning my projects for my display board and my make and takes for the open house I'm hosting on July 17th. I can't wait until the great big box lands on my doorstep. Hopefully that will be very soon--there isn't too much time left for me to prepare!
Need to place an order for yourself, or just want to see what all of the hubub is about? Check out my SU! website by clicking on the tab at the top of this page. You'll be hooked!
I had planned to leave you with a quick project I made using my Cricut and my SU! products, (I LOVE the way they work together!) but the photo loader isn't working for me. Let's hope it's just a glitch in the system and not my memory card! Guess I'll have to try again later.
Thanks again for hanging in there, and have fun checking out some beautiful blogs!